Hey there, Sweet Friends, today on the blog I’m sharing with you my “5 Tips when using Air Dry Clay by Cynthia!” I prefer to use the Clay by Iron Orchid Designs.
Iron Orchid Designs Air Dry Clay Tips and Tricks!
The Air Dry Clay can be a little tricky. I mean sticky! Not tricky, just sticky! Instead of getting frustrated just follow these easy tips!
1. Watch Josie and Sally’s videos on You Tube. Their Channel is Iron Orchid Designs here.
2. Use Cornstarch in the cavity of the mould and on your hands to avoid the clay sticking to everything.
3. Use a Scraper to level the surface of the clay so that it will stick properly to your surface.
4. Use TiteBond Glue, not just Elmer’s Glue to adhere your clay piece to the surface.
5. Adhere the clay to your surface immediately, do not wait for the clay to dry.
And remember, have fun with the clay. It is temperamental just like milk paint and sometimes, you never know what you are gonna get. Sticking and Cracking happens. Enjoy it.
Check out my videos using the clay on You Tube at Create With Cynthia. To find the projects below, just click on the link. If you are on You Tube, you can go to the playlist for Air Dry Clay.
- DIY Mermaid Mobile
- Angel Artwork with Iron Orchid Designs Clay and Mould DIY
- Floral Dresser Make-over