Hey there Sweet Friends, today on the blog I am here to introduce you to the newest color from Sweet Pickins Milk Paint.
Drum Roll please…
Welcome Proper. Isn’t she a beauty??? I think I am totally in love with this color and I haven’t even painted with it yet.
Introducing Sweet Pickins Milk Paint Proper!
As Sausha, the Creator of Sweet Pickins Milk Paint says, “With neutral farmhouse colors being so popular these days, I wanted to add a color to our line that will not only work with neutral decor, but it also looks good with so many other colors! I would describe this a mushroom color. I kept looking at it today thinking just how much I love it! I think it’s perfect for our Sweet Pickins line up of colors.”
Tips when using Sweet Pickins Milk Paint.
Here are some Tips when using Sweet Pickins Milk Paint.
- Add the powder to the warm water, not the other way around.
- Mix well. I’d suggest an Immersion Blender, but you can just shake it in a mason jar as well.
- Strain Milk Paint after mixing if there are clumps.
- Add Extra Bond for less Chipping.
- Let sit about 20-30 minutes after mixing before painting.
- Don’t freak out. Milk paint doesn’t have to be chippy, it can be smooth and clean. Don’t use Extra Bond to achieve this effect.
- Measuring is important, but with a powder form it is so easy to measure just what you need and not have a lot of extra to deal with. (is dealing with extra paint a bad thing????) Equal water to equal powder.
So, stop by my store in Redwood City and pick up some Sweet Pickins Milk Paint. I’m also hosting “Transformation Thursday Workshop.” Every week (please RSVP), you can join me at the store to transform one of your favorite pieces of furniture or come with nothing and we will find something to transform. Check out my calendar of events here.
I also painted this Map Desk that is for sale in my store.
This desk has traveled the world which is why I placed a map atop it. When I was working on this desk I found many layers of love colors; red, then purple, then white. I painted the top and sides of the desk in Sweet Pickins Love Bug and the drawers in Sweet Pickins Blue Bohemian. This desk is a smaller size and perfect for a small adult or child.
Stay tuned for more on Milk Paint this week.
Have wonderful week.