The front door is usually the first place I start when decorating for the holiday’s, Sweet Friends. Where do you usually start your Christmas Holiday decorating? Leave a comment as I’d love to hear.
I love decorating for the holiday’s. Once Thanksgiving is over, I get all the bins out of storage and start my process of decorating. This year the trees were already assembled with their Fall Leaves. It made for a much less stressful time. If you are wondering what I mean by Fall Trees, and you missed by post on Fall Trees, you can read, “Tips on How to Create a Less Stressful Holiday Season and a DIY on Fall Trees.”
Front Door Decorations!
Last year was the first year the boys and I got a real Christmas Tree. It was a nightmare!!! I prefer faux, what do you like? You can read my post from last year, “Real or Faux Christmas Trees and the Three Reasons I prefer Faux.”
Holiday Door Decorations!
Do you love decorating? Oh good, me too! If you find it over whelming or a bit challenging don’t worry. Grab a cup of coffee and keep reading as I plan to go over the “5 Things Needed to Decorate the Front Door for the Holidays!”
When I start the process of decorating I like to start with the front door. Sometimes, I choose a theme, sometimes I choose a color. For this year, I started with my handmade “Believe” sign and decided to decorate around it.
Christmas is my all time favorite time of year. I wanted to stick with neutrals and whites and I added a little pop of color with the door mat and my Santa Boot scrapper.
I wanted the front door to be a warm and neutral transition welcoming you into the house. My Christmas Trees are full of handmade garland and ornaments! Stay tuned for DIY’s next week.
Five Things Needed to Decorate the Front Door for the Holidays!”
There are five things needed to decorate the front door for the holiday season.
- Door Mat – I bought mine at Walmart and it was under $10. Kohl’s also carries a variety. There is a truck one here or one that says Merry Christmas here or a snowflake one here.
- Wreath – I bought a green wreath from Kohl’s. There are some cute ones like this star one here and pinecone one here and this boxwood one here.
- Wreath Hanger – putting holes in the door is just not necessary when you can use a door hanger. I like mine because it includes bells. Kohl’s has a huge selection, you might like this bell one here or this snowflake one here or this silver one here.
- Wood Sign – I made mine and the DIY is coming on Thursday. Here are some that you can purchase. If you are not a diy-er, you might like this one here or here.
- One final item. Odd numbers are better than even numbers in decorating. For the final item, i’d suggest a Plant or a small Statue. This time of year Pointsetta’s are ideal. I like faux since they are poisonous and I have pups. You might like this one here or you could choose this one. Instead of a plant, I chose to use my Santa boot scraper. You might like this one here or here.
Many of the links on this blog are affiliate links. CreateWithCynthia.com receives a small commission when certain items are purchased, but the price is the same for you. CreateWithCynthia.com is a participant in the Shop Your Likes Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to certain companies. Thank you for supporting this website by purchasing from here.
I hope my Front Door inspires you to go out and set up your Front Door.
I also wanted to let you know that the December Tablescape Blog Hop started yesterday and runs December 2nd through December 6th, 2019. I’ll be showing off my table on Thursday, but in the meantime check out my Sweet Friends tables. The schedule is below.
Now go out there and create something.