Pumpkins, Flowers, Pinecones, straw oh my….
“Five Elements for a Radiant Rustic Inspired Fall Porch” is what I’ll be sharing today on the blog.
I hope you’ll continue to follow along to see the creations that are soon to be coming to my home; a staircase makeover and a laundry room reveal are on my agenda for Fall. Today, we are talking about the porch.
About 5 days ago the 100 year old trees blew hard all night and I awoke to a beautiful morning where the pine trees had dropped all over the yard. The pups were thrilled when I gathered up the leashes to take them on a stroll with my eyes on picking up branches.
I was nearly tripping over all the banana slugs on my property. It was so fun to see their yellow bodies in all different sizes slide along the terrain. It’s intriguing to me they choose to crawl along the dirt and needles and pinescones versus the pavement. But a bug is a bug!
These are the five elements I used to create the perfect Northern California Fall Porch.
- Greenery. Go outside and trim whatever plant you can get your hands on because there is a huge assortment available. Madrone Bark with it’s changing brown colors and it’s peeling away from the tree is magnificent to watch. Evergreen Pine Needles and Pine Cones are gorgeous to gather when I’m out walking the pups.
- Pumpkin, Hay and Straw. If your not a gardener, you’ll need to get some pumpkins, straw and hay at your local market. Pumpkins scattered on each step in shades of white and cream, with Straw and Hay offset the greenery beautifully.
- Flowers, real or faux. Flowers that bloom again and again like the beautiful mums in my pots are a perfect addition. The Burgundy Mums in the wicker basket blend so well with the mossy bark. all the gorgeous greenery that is right out my front door.
- Wood. Painted signs express the season so well. This pumpkin patch sign can also be sold in my shop here.
- And more wood. A piece of furniture or two. I picked up this adorable stool for $4.99 at the GoodWill and repainted it to match my style.
I hope that you are inspired to create your own fall porch.
Goodbye sweet friends!