Hey there, Sweet Friends, today on the blog I wanted to share with you about my trip to Atlanta, Georgia for the Haven Conference 2019. I’ll be pointing out “My 5 Take-Aways” I came home with! My hope is that these words will inspire you!
Of course there’s ALOT more, but I’m hoping what I share can apply, to you, in your life.
Haven Conference 2019 – My 5 Take-Aways!
This message is not just for Bloggers out there!
Be Your True Authentic Self and What I Learned at Haven 2019!
Boy was it HOT in Atlanta and I’m not just talking about the weather!!!
Of course the humidity was sky high as well, but thankfully I spent most of my time indoors at classes and networking with Companies representing their Brands and other Bloggers/ Influencers.
BTW… Bloggers also like to be called Influencers.
Follow Your Dreams!
About 8 years ago, I started seeing the idea of blogging take form. I started following many Bloggers – where I would sign up for their email or newsletter. It was so fun, because each day I would read about these women and their stories and get ideas on creating or cooking fun things. My favorite Blogger was KariAnne of Thistlewood Farms. You can read my previous posts about her here:
- Treating Myself to Haven Conference in Charleston, South Carolina
- Texas Pinner’s Conference
- Guest Blogger, KariAnne Woods from Thistlewood Farms
I knew back then, in the year 2010-ish, that MY DREAM was to quit my Corporate World HR Job in Cubicle Nation and join the Wonderful World of Bloggers! It took me ‘WAY TO LONG’ to get started and I am quite regretful of that, but here I am, now, with a little over a year under my belt.
Do you really wanna know why it took me “WAY TO LONG” to get started?
If so, leave a comment and I may be inclined to write about it!
Back to my trip to the Haven Conference 2019 and my 5 Thoughts/Take-Aways.
- If you have a dream of blogging, go to Haven. It was full of learning about everything Blogging and Technology and meeting a ton of amazing Influencers and Companies to potentially work with. I had SO MUCH FUN!
- Keynote, Egypt Sherrod was the opening speaker and you can find her as Host of HGTV’s “Flipping Virgins” and its long running show, “Property Virgins.” Egypt also Hosted HGTV’s White House Christmas Special, the Rose Parade, and the 2017 & 2018 HGTV Urban Oasis Giveaways. My Take-Away from Egypt was, “Always Work With Grace and Gratitude!”
- Keynote, KariAnne Woods of ThistleWood Farms, gave an amazing speech (and received a standing ovation) on “Blogging Mistakes Every Blogger Should Avoid!” KariAnne made me laugh and cry all within about an hour. My Take-Away and honestly it’s a little difficult to just pick one…, “Never apologize for where you are in the Journey!” This quote is something I have pasted on every mirror in my home!!!
- Keynote, Amy Howard, A Maker’s Studio, who I love and adore, (and as you know, I am also a Maker Boss and am constantly Blogging and You Tubing about her products and projects) reminded all of us to stop chasing after followers and look to be our “True Authentic Self”. My Take-Away from Amy was, “Pain Can Awaken Us to Our True Calling!” I kinda think that’s where I’m at…..
- And finally, I learned so much at the conference that I will be implementing in my life and on the blog. You might start to notice some minor changes to my website and blog posts in the upcoming weeks. I hope to take all of my learnings and share them with my followers.
And from a VERY deep place in my heart, THANK YOU for reading and allowing me to pop into your email box each week. You put food on the table for me and my boys and for that I am very grateful!
Have a wonderful day, Sweet Friends!